[postgis-users] alpha GT2 Web Map Server with PostGIS support

cholmes at limegroup.com cholmes at limegroup.com
Fri Dec 13 09:11:16 PST 2002

Apologies if this gets posted twice, I'm having trouble posting to lists
for some reason:

Hey, I work on the PostgisDataSource module for geotools2.  Sorry for
taking so long to get back on this issue.  No, a gid field is not a
requirement of all spatial tables.  We made that a temporary assumption
to get things working, using the gid field as the feature ID.  I've
fixed the code, now the datasource uses the first column as the Feature
ID, which I think is a valid assumption, as the SFS for SQL spec, in
section 3.2.4.2 has the general format for the creation of a feature
table, and the first column is <FID name> <FID type>.  So now as long as
the first column of your table holds the feature ID things will work.
Let me know if that is not a valid assumption, and I'll figure out
another way to do things.  James has made a new release of the wms, that
incorporates my fixes as well as some new caching code that speeds
things up.  It's available at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4091&release_id=127682,

the file is gt2wms-alpha-2.zip.  And thank you so much for testing and
input.  Let us know about any other bugs that hold you up.

                    Chris