[postgis] polygon intersection function

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Jan 23 13:54:48 PST 2002

Hi Simon,
GPC looks nice, but we have not bothered to evaluate it since it is not
GPL compatible (free for non-commercial). As long as the terms are
acceptable for your project, you should go for it.
We are not currently in active development on this, although it is
certainly a feature which is slated for addition to PostGIS.
Paul

simon mercier wrote:

> hi
>
> I need a function that give area from intersection of polygon geometry
> in Postgres.  From previous comment of Dave B., we see that polygon
> overlay function is style in the TODO list... :(  Is there someone
> already work on this type of function? I find in mapserver list
> archive(from Stephen Lime)  a C library to do this function.
>
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/aig/staff/alan/software/gpc.html
>
> Is there other library to do this or anything else to help me?
>
> --
> Simon Mercier
> Direction des technologies de l'information
> La Financière agricole du Québec
> 5825, rue Saint-Georges
> Lévis, Québec,Canada G6V 4L2
> http://www.financiereagricole.qc.ca/