[postgis-users] Error creating GIST indexes in Cygwin 7.2.1

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue May 14 08:12:14 PDT 2002

This (from the error messages at least) looks like the same bug that
andyturk at searchlight.com uncovered shortly after release of 0.7. It
comes from the new indexing algorithms in 7.2. We have a patch in our
hands from the index implementors (GiST authors Oleg and Teodor) right
now which might fix it. Should be applied before lunch. So do not be too
quick to blame cygwin.
P.