[postgis-users] Quoting column names in MapServer PostGIS Support

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed May 15 20:39:03 PDT 2002

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> This included ensuring that OGR always quotes column names (thus
> resulting in odd column names like MINOR1 and LNODE# in PostgreSQL.

I am going to leave most of this for Dave and Chris to address, but the
above is something I would like to comment on.  Do you think it is wise
to push through column names which pgsql generally considers illegal? I
recognize that they can be forced with generous use of quotes, but yuck.
  A little character replacement in the loader would go a long way here,
me thinks...

"Ugly column names they are, mmmmm..... "