[postgis-users] OGR2OGR Uppercase/Lowercase

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 21 19:34:25 PST 2002

David Blasby wrote:
>>>       Seriously, we should implement a "strongly cased" and "weakly cased" option
>>>for shp2pgsql.  This way everyone can be happy.
>>
>>Yes, that would be The Right Thing.
>>And that should be done also for the mapserv module
>>(maybe at compile time in this case)
>

> I think it would be best in the layer object (ie. in the map file).  I ideally, it would
> be great to have:
>
> LAYER
>       connectiontype postgis
>       case [ignore|strict]
> END
>
> But, I dont think they will want to put that in for *all* layer types.
>
> An alternative would be:
> LAYER
>       connectiontype [postgis_ignorecase|postgis_strictcase|postgis]
> END
>
> I dont think a compile time option is a good idea because most people are using a
> pre-compiled version anyways.

Dave,

I recently added a PROCESSING keyword intended to allow passing driver
specific information down for layer processing.  The keyword is there in 3.7,
so you could have something like:

LAYER
   CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
   PROCESSING "CASE=IGNORE"
END

In the layer code check the layerObj.processing field which is a list of
strings passed via the PROCESSING keyword.

Best regards,