[postgis-users] mapserver postgis query error (explain verbose)

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Mon Apr 14 13:50:36 PDT 2003

Leah Roderman wrote:

>I'm just checking to see if there's a fix for the Mapserver query of a PostGIS layer that produces the "explain verbose" error included below. I see PostGIS 0.7.5 was released last week -- there was some discussion around this error earlier this month, but not sure whether this problem got addressed in the new release.
>
>My alternative solution was going to be pgsql2shp, so I'd also be interested in anyone's success or frustrations with similar attempts.

Yes there is a fix.  I sent it out to a few people last week and they
have indicated it works fine and hasnt caused any new problems.

It does leak about 1.5kb of memory/layer at the moment - this should not
be a problem for you.  When I fix that I'll commit it to CVS.

Until then, mappostgis.c is attached.

dave