[postgis-users] make on Mac OS 10.2.8

David Orme d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Dec 8 01:34:13 PST 2003

Aha.

I'm using the most recent apple gcc release 3.3

> [doibook:~] dorme% gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.3/specs
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1493)

If I switch back to 3.1 (sudo /usr/sbin/gcc_select 3.1) and use the
same compiler as Sean (Apple Computer, Inc. GCC version 1175, based on
gcc version 3.1 20020420 (prerelease)) then make runs, although I do
get the same error messages Sean reported. I can't remember which
version I used to compile postgresql so it might be a mismatch between
compiler versions but the syntax errors look like they crop up early in
the math.h includes provided by apple. I haven't tested whether the
installed code works yet but hopefully the gcc version switch is all I
needed - thanks for your help, Sean.

Cheers,
David