[postgis-users] PointM, PolyLineM, PolygonM

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Mar 4 09:35:31 PST 2003

strk wrote:

> I think using the Z field could be ok, but we need a function that tell
> us wheater a geometry is 2d,3d or measured.  Does OGC say anything about
> measures ?

Nothing. Heck, they don't even say anything about Z.

> The array option might also work as a temporary solution, as
> would do a just-drop-measure approach.

I think we should add the possibility of using the current Z slot to
hold M, and a flag to indicate which of the two it is holding (if any).
In the meantime shp2pgsql can be modified to support GeometryM types,
placing the values in the Z slot. I am not so comfortable with the array
solution.

--
       __
      /