[postgis-users] Is there a Java API for PostGIS

christian.schuster at rsag.ch christian.schuster at rsag.ch
Thu Mar 13 04:23:09 PST 2003

This could help in some way. But I do not just need to get data from a
PostGIS database. I also will need to insert them into PostGIS. To create a
geographic object is not the big problme because I just have point, line,
ellipse and polygon. The probleme is that these geographic objects are
coming from an applet to a servlet on the server which needs to make a
connection to another server (WebServer and DataServer are split and not at
the same location) where the PostGIS database is located. Also speed is not
that big issue due small data amount.

So, if anyone has ideas let me know please.

Regards,

Christian Schuster

Rudolf Schuster AG
Postfach 277
CH - 3000 Bern 11

http://www.rsag.ch
++41 31 348 05 30

             david.garnier at etu
             dier-online.com
             13.03.2003 12:38          PostGIS Users Discussion
                                       <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
                                       net>
                                                                        cc
                                       christian.schuster at rsag.ch
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [postgis-users] Is there a Java
                                       API for PostGIS

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you need, but I've written a little
project
that extract data from PostGIS in Java and is much faster than using the
original PostGIS code:

http://wkb4j.etudier-online.com/

The CVS is more up to date than the last release and it is far from
perfect.
Email me if you have any problems.

Best Regards,
David Garnier