[postgis-users] Loading only polygon with shp2pgsql

Matt Lynch matt at terraEngine.com
Mon Sep 22 10:53:50 PDT 2003

Hi Randy,

I have been a little skimpy on describing what I am doing, so here goes.

I have an application which will allow users access to shape and raster
data for a defined region.  The region is specified by a polygon.

I am now writing a web app to handle the administration side.  In the
web app I allow administrators to upload shape files which then are
loaded into a table.  My problem is that I don't want to trust the
administrators to not include attributes in the shape file.  I
anticipate the temptation to use existing shape files will be too great.
So I would like to somehow extract only the polygon.

Thanks,

Matt