[postgis-users] Union as an aggregate

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Sep 29 09:46:02 PDT 2003

I made my dumbass-mode aggregate (unite!).
It eats up all available memory, which remains allocated
also at the end of function run.
Does it sound as a postgresql bug ?

To reduce memory occupation it might be useful to release detoasted
values passed as arguments to geomunion with pfree, because
those allocations might remain 'till the end of the aggregate
run, but I'm not sure about palloced values life/aggregates.

--strk;