[postgis-users] Installing PostGIS

dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca
Thu Jul 29 15:38:41 PDT 2004

Hi Eric,

Yes, you need compiled PostgreSQL source code to install PostGIS. I'm pretty
sure this doesn't come with Fedora 2. You can compile and install a new
version of PostgreSQL or use compiled PostgreSQL source code to hook PostGIS
into your operating system installed PostgreSQL. I am not at work-work right
now (working on the muscle car), but if you can wait until tomorrow I will
send you a document I wrote that leads you step-by-step through a complete
PostGIS install into your operating system installed PostgreSQL.

How does that sound?

Now back to tweaking..., the car that is.