[postgis-users] install help needed

Andy Kriger andy.kriger at verizon.net
Tue Jun 29 21:15:37 PDT 2004

Hello,
I am trying to install postgis-0.8.2 for postgresql-7.4.3 in gentoo-linux.

When I run make I get the following error:
Makefile:38: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
Makefile:160: /src/Makefile.shlib: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/src/Makefile.shlib'.  Stop.

And indeed, there is no Makefile.global in the postgresql src dir
Is this a quirk of 7.4.3? Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?
Is there a prior version of postgresql that doesn't have this problem?

thx
andy