[postgis-users] Quick Note for XP Home Users and Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 beta 1 installer

Mark Rodrigo mark at markrodrigo.com
Sun Oct 3 19:39:19 PDT 2004

Hello:

Just a quick note if you are tying to install this
http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/postgresql-8.0-beta1-postgis.msi
on a XP Home machine.  Any ways, I ran into troubles with the service not
starting on reboots. I granted the "logon as service" rights using the
Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-
96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en to my postgres account, and it held through
reboots. This is done with the following line in the Resource Kit Path :
C:\Program Files\Window Resource Kits\Tools> ntrights +r
SeServiceLogonRight -u postgres

That seemed to get it. Accessing the build from PGAdmin III, and works good.
Thanks to Mark in the UK.

Mark