[postgis-users] Delaunay Triangulation

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Fri Oct 15 11:57:09 PDT 2004

Paul Ramsey writes:

> This is one of those big projects where I think I should put up a
> collection page and people can commit funds according to their ability /
> desire to pay for the functionality. It is large and complex enough to
> be non-trivial, but also of wide enough interest to attract multiple
> funders, in all probability.

I find this an Interesting topic in that I used to make a living integrating
Delaunay Triangulation into custom mapping applications.  However
with the release of several high quality Open Source Triangulators
that business kind of dried up.

Several high quality libraries that immediately come to mind are
http://gts.sourceforge.net/
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html
http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ngmath/index.html

also several high level routines in GMT