[postgis-users] UTM/Datum SAD 69 to UTM/Datum WGS84???

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:50:06 PDT 2005

> Hi all.
>  As it is that I make in the POSTGIS, to change a projection UTM and Datum
> SAD 69. Zone 23 (south -), for the projection UTM and Datum WGS84?
>
>  Help me.
>  Thank you.

Hello Carlos.
First identify the SRID corresponding to the target projection (UTM 23
on Datum WGS84) (32723 for me for postgis 1.0, but check your SRID).
Then, use the transform() function to reproject your data in the new
Spatial Reference System:

select transform(geometry, target_srid) from your_table;

Nicolas