[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.0.0 R4

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Sat Mar 19 23:44:38 PST 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 06:35:37PM +0100, Petra Malcher wrote:
> I installed PostGIS 1.0.0 R4 with the Makefile.config settings USE_PROJ
> = 1 (installed under /usr/local/bin) and USE_GEOS = 1,
> but failed to use the transform() function propably.
>
>    SELECT AsText (TRANSFORM( ( 'SRID=104102;POINT(47.5,11.2)' , 31291) );
>    ERROR: PostGis transform() called, but support not compiled in ...
>
> Does anybody know the reason?

If you first compiled w/out PROJ support, then added it you have
to make sure to run make clean before make again.
If make clean; make install gives you the same problem make
sure you're using the just-installed line.
Also check gcc invocation (output of make) to see if -DUSE_PROJ is
present.

--strk;