[postgis-users] RC4 is on the Streets

David TECHER davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 20 03:42:02 PST 2005

Hi Paul

I made few test for RC 4 on Windows...

with geos 2.1.1 and proj 4.4.9...Works Great :-)

On MinGW, I did

 configure --enable-autoconf
--with-geos=/c/PostgreSQL/8.0.0
--with-proj=/c/PostgreSQL/8.0.0/

make

then

make install

I did few sql test...Worked great :-)...

I think Marc (if he wants :-), could be able to do the
installer in a couple of weeks...???)

I will wait for 1.0.0 just as U said.

The only  error - I noticed but it is a minor error -
was about intalling the loader
(shp2pgsql.exe/pgsql2shp.exe)...for make install..The
only solution I found was copying manually the loaders
or opening the loader makefile and replacing '${exe}'
by '.exe'..I don't know why...but for me it doesn't
matter

http://postgis.refractions.net/postgis-1.0.0-rc4.tar.gz