[postgis-users] when rasters in Postgis?

Andreas Neumann neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sun Sep 25 05:02:47 PDT 2005

Hi Giorgio,

UMN mapserver is a good complement to Postgis for serving raster data.
It is quicker than many commercial webmap servers. If you provide
several resolutions for the input files (in combination with min/max
scales in the map files) and a spatial index (shpfile), it works very
efficient.

See more at:
http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data

Andreas