[postgis-users] MapServer config issues

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Feb 21 12:45:11 PST 2006

Time to display my massive ignorance of SQL , but with postgresql shouldn't
that unique at the end be distinct instead?

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

             "Kralidis,Tom
             [Burlington]"
             <Tom.Kralidis at ec.                                          To
             gc.ca>                    "PostGIS Users Discussion"
             Sent by:                  <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             postgis-users-bou         net>
             nces at postgis.refr                                          cc
             actions.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       [postgis-users] MapServer config
             02/21/2006 12:36          issues
             PM

             Please respond to
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

Hi,

I'm trying to publish a OGC:WMS/OGC:WFS resource via MapServer.

In my mapfile, the DATA directive is defined as follows:

DATA "the_geom from (select hydromet_stations.stnid as
stnid,hydromet_stations.the_geom as the_geom,
hydromet_latest_water_levels.obsdate as graphurl from
hydromet_latest_water_levels inner join hydromet_stations on
hydromet_stations.stnid = hydromet_latest_water_levels.stnid) as t using
unique hydromet_latest_water_levels.id"

When I attempt to visualize via an OGC:WMS client, I get the following
exception:

Postgresql reports the error as 'ERROR:  missing FROM-clause entry
for table "hydromet_latest_water_levels"
'<br><br>

Can anyone see anything wrong with my DATA statement SQL?

Thanks

..Tom