[postgis-users] problem with pgsql2shp and special characters/umlaute

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Mon Jul 10 03:04:29 PDT 2006

Hello, Kathrin,

gis at eifelgeist.com wrote:

> Could you tell me how to use the PGCLIENTENCODING if I call pgsql2shp from the prompt or vb.net.

For the MSDOS / Windows command promt, there are commands to manipulate
the environment variables, and you can edit them the system profile.

I also suppose that the vb.net package that allows you to run external
programs has some methods to change the environment variables.

As this is no PostGIS specific subject, you'll get more useful help on a
vb.net list, I think.

HTH,
Markus