[postgis-users] Re: postgis-users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 15

Hubert Fröhlich hubert.froehlich at lvg.bayern.de
Mon Jul 17 23:25:08 PDT 2006

  Paul Ramsey wrote:
> It is that time of year again (conference time) so I am going to ask my
> annual question(s):
>
>     Who are you?

Hubert Fröhlich, Bavarian Administration for Land Register, Munich, Germany

>     What are you using PostGIS for?

Hosting vector geometries for land use parcels and doing calculations
(spatial analysis,
plausibility checks, processing derived spatial data, generating data
output (visualization
by UMN Map Server, generating SHAPE files for customers ) , ...

>     Why did you choose PostGIS?

Open source, easy and intuitive to use, efficient

>     What makes you happy about your PostGIS installation?

Postgis is elegant.
Powerful possibilities for spatial data analysis and processing on the
SQL side (i.e. without use of any particular GIS)

>     What makes you unhappy about your PostGIS installation?

Documentation should be more detailed, especially important for newbies
and advocacy .

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards

Hubert Fröhlich

Dr.-Ing. Hubert Fröhlich
Landesamt für Vermessung und Geoinformation
Alexandrastr. 4, D-80538 München, GERMANY
Tel. :+49 (0)89 / 2129 - 2980
Fax  :+49 (0)89 / 2129 - 2997
hubert dot froehlich at lvg dot bayern dot de