[postgis-users] GEOS crashing PostgreSQL?

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 24 13:15:20 PDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm installing PostGIS (v1.1.5) and GEOS (v2.2.3)from source on a brand new 64 bit opteron machine, running Fedora Core 5.  Everything except GEOS functions seems to work okay, or at least that's what I think.

This simple test crashes postgresql server:
"
# select buffer(pointfromtext('POINT(1 1)'),1);
before or while processing the request.
"

It resets just fine afterward.  I originally started trying them both from SVN but thought maybe that was too bleeding edge.  But even after rolling down to a lower version, I still can't get this going.  Do I need to go lower yet?

Is anyone else running on a similar platform and have this working okay?

I'm having trouble finding any docs to help me know what versions of PostGIS and GEOS are compatible.  Any pointers?

Tyler