[postgis-users] Compile errors with the latest SVN

Bruce Rindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Mon Sep 11 09:28:35 PDT 2006

>Is /usr/local/pgsql/include the same directory as
>C:/msys/1.0/local/pgsql/include?

Yes C:/msys/1.0 is the /usr directory from the command prompt.

>The latter is where PostGIS thinks the PostgreSQL header files are.
>What does "pg_config --version --includedir --includedir-server"
>show?

$ pg_config --version --includedir --includedir-server
PostgreSQL 8.2devel
C:/msys/1.0/local/pgsql/include
C:/msys/1.0/local/pgsql/include/server

>  And where are the 8.1.4 headers?  gcc appears to be finding
>them first, resulting in a mismatch between the number of arguments
>that gistentryinit() expects (defined in a header file) and the
>number of arguments that PostGIS passes (conditional compilation
>based on USE_VERSION).

I can't find any 8.1.4 headers. (??)
Does the compliation use a registered .dll ?
This is the only way I can think of that the compiler is finding the
installed version of 8.1.4 (That was done using the windows installer on the
binary package).

Bruce