[postgis-users] Source of PDF? (was: Tutorial PostGIS - hibernate - EJB3)

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Wed Sep 27 02:10:47 PDT 2006

Hi, Norman,

Shortly after strk prepared the release packages of PostGIS 1.1.4, I
noticed that the file ejb3spatial.pdf is without sources.

How did you create it? Is it possible to send us the sources (in
whatever form, e. G. LaTEX, OpenOffice XML, Docbook) or whatever you
used to create the PDF?

This way, others can contribute by sendig patches to the PostGIS list.

And, legally speaking, as we don't have the source (aka "preferred form
of modification", as the LGPL states), we're not permitted to distribute
that file under the LGPL. So we either need the sources, or another
license for that file. It's too late for 1.1.4 which is already out of
the door, but should be fixed for the next release.

Thanks,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org