[postgis-users] CastException: PGobject to PGgeometry

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Fri Sep 29 06:03:36 PDT 2006

Hi, Juliana,

Juliana Barros wrote:

> I´m using jdbc with PostGIS but I receive a java.lang.ClassCastException
> at line:
>
>      PGgeometry geom = (PGgeometry) resultSet.getObject("area");
>
> I´m usign the following libs:
> postgis_1.1.3.jar
> postgresql-8.1-405.jdbc2.jar
> postgresql-8.1-405.jdbc2ee.jar
> postgresql-8.1-405.jdbc3.jar

Which setup do you have wr/t classloaders? Which of the setup methods
did you use for PostGIS JDBC?

Are you really using all three postgresql jdbc drivers together, that
might have weird side effects.

And is "area" really the PostGIS type "geometry" and not one of the
PostgreSQL geometric types described at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/datatype-geometric.html

What is the query you're issuing, and could you paste us the output of
"\d table" in psql command line for all involed tables?

Thanks,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org