[postgis-users] Mobile editing of PostGIS (client)

Bo Overgaard bo.overgaard at grontmij-carlbro.dk
Fri Dec 21 03:41:37 PST 2007

Hi Steven,

We have developed an advanced PostGIS client, which runs as a 1 MB Java
Applet.

There are two scenarios for editing the PostGIS on a mobile device with
SpatialEdit:
a)       Through a mobile connection: We have tested using a UMTS ( 3 in
Denmark ) connection, which works very well.
b)       Offline: Develop scripts that handles check in/check out between
PostGIS databases and run the mobile client on a TabletPC with a small
PostGIS instance.

See http://www.spatialedit.com <BLOCKED::http://www.spatialedit.com>  with
an online demo appliation at
http://k259demo.cbkort.dk/spatialedit/demo/SpatialEdit.html
<http://k259demo.cbkort.dk/spatialedit/demo/SpatialEdit.html>

All you see is PostGIS data served through GeoServer for WFS-T and MapServer
for WMS. SpatialEdit can of course also connect directly to PostGIS.

Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards

Bo Overgaard
Markedschef, Civilingeniør
GIS&IT