[postgis-users] problem with buffer srid

Galois galois at mundo-r.com
Wed Feb 14 09:59:07 PST 2007

Hi!

    I´m wondering what happens when you make a buffer from a geom with a srid. I´ve just buffered one geom but it has no srid (-1), is it normal? I´ve got a line table ( from which i buffered) and a point table ( which want to compare with the buffer), both the same srid. But the buffer maked from the line geom don´t have srid assigned and postgis doesn´t permit me to compare.
My answer is, how can i buffer something and obtein the resuls with the source-srid?

Thanks in advance,

Galois