[postgis-users] Makefile syntax problem with 1.2/8.2?

Thy, Kristian Kristian.Thy at atkinsglobal.com
Mon Feb 19 06:58:34 PST 2007

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
> On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 10:01 +0100, Thy, Kristian wrote:
> > As far as I can tell the upshot of this was that the problem is best
> > fixed by upgrading libgeos. I'm stuck with libgeos 2.1 - can anybody
> > confirm that Devrims .configure patch solves the problem without
> > introducing other errors?
>
> Which version of PostGIS are you using? The configure patch
> should work fine, since it it had already been applied to the SVN
> repository before the latest 1.2.1 and 1.1.7 releases - perhaps the
> FC6 repositories haven't yet picked up these updates?

I'm building postgis-1.2.1 from source on Ubuntu 6.06 (I took 6.06
instead of 6.10 for the long-term support; now I see postgis nicely
packaged for 6.10 - duh). Other program versions that may or may not
be relevant:

libgeos-dev                  2.1.4-2
libpq-dev                    8.1.8-0ubuntu6.06.1
proj                         4.4.9d-2

best regards,
Kristian

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No. 1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.