[postgis-users] Re: can not load library

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 11:51:07 PST 2007

On 2/25/07, Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk> wrote:

> So why hasn't everyone reported problems with this? It's because
> lwgeom_geos.c is only used when the GEOS C-API isn't detected, and your
> configure output shows that the GEOS C-API isn't being detected since it
> states USE_GEOS_CAPI='0'. Unfortunately this means that all builds
> against a non C-API GEOS are broken :(
>
> Can you confirm which version of GEOS you are using from geos-config?
> Someone with more GEOS knowledge may be able to suggest exactly how
> 'has_arc' can be replaced in the non C-API build, however I imagine that
> building a new GEOS library yourself is likely to be the easiest
> solution here.

$ geos-config --version
2.1.4

$ apt-cache showpkg libgeos-dev
Package: libgeos-dev
Versions:
2.1.4-2(/var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_dapper_universe_binary-i386_Packages)(/var/lib/dpkg/status)

Reverse Depends:
  libqgis0-dev,libgeos-dev 2.0.1-1
  libgeos-doc,libgeos-dev 2.1.4-2
Dependencies:
2.1.4-2 - libgeos2c2a (5 2.1.4-2) libgdal-doc (0 (null))
Provides:
2.1.4-2 -
Reverse Provides:

---

I was trying to stick to ubuntu packages where possible, but I'm not
sure I understand the distinction between geos C API and non.    Is
there a config flag I could pass in for the C API, or does this
require a new build of GEOS?

Thanks for the help!
  Jeremy