[postgis-users] Problem in Conversion from MapInfo to PostGIS using ogr2ogr

Rob Tester robtester at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 06:29:55 PST 2007

I use OGR to load TAB files on a daily basis and never have any trouble with
it working properly on windows or Linux. Are you sure your server is
listening for connections on port 5432? If you listen on a different port,
don't forget to add the port=xxxx in PG connect string. Are you using IPV6
addresses and not IPV4 (I have never tried with a server that only resolves
to IPV6)?  I believe that the names are case sensitive across platforms so
if your dbname is really GISdb then it won't find it.

Rob.