[postgis-users] Project points over a line

Gustavo Ces g.ces at pettra.es
Thu Jul 5 08:16:51 PDT 2007

Hi all,

    I´m trying to assing some polygon centroids to a network. I´ve got the network and those centroids has as atribute a link_id. The question is, is it posible to make an orthogonal projection over its relationated network link? What i want is to add a node into the link with the shortest distance between them. Something like this

                            I  network link
 centroid                I

Thanks in advance! ( ya, i know, not a great schema!) :)

Gus