AW: [postgis-users] PostGIS and Hibernate

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 00:43:11 PDT 2007

Thorsten Kraus wrote:
Can't help you with one, but with 2, it works for ME!

create a context.xml  file in your META-INT like
======================================

<!-- Connection details for Hibernate
     NOTE This isntace is readonly
  -->
<Context>
        <Resource name="jdbc/castleDB" auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="data_user" password=""
            driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
            url="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1/castle"
            maxActive="8"
            maxIdle="4" />

</Context>
===============
Put the hibernate config file in webapps/mma/WEB-INF/classes
================
<hibernate-configuration>

        <!-- a SessionFactory instance listed as /jndi/name -->
        <session-factory>

                <!-- properties -->
                <property
name="connection.datasource">java:/comp/env/jdbc/castleDB</property>
                <property
name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect</property>
                <property name="show_sql">true</property>
                <property name="use_outer_join">true</property>
                        <property
name="hibernate.cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.NoCacheProvider</property>

                <property name="generate_statistics">true</property>
                <property name="cache.use_query_cache">false</property>
                <property name="cache.use_minimal_puts">false</property>
                <property
name="current_session_context_class">thread</property>
                <property name="max_fetch_depth">3</property>
                <property name="c3p0.min_size">3</property>
                <property name="c3p0.max_size">5</property>
                <property name="c3p0.timeout">1800</property>

                <!-- mapping files -->
                <mapping resource="uk/co/pinan/mma/dto/CountyDTO.hbm.xml"/>
                <mapping resource="uk/co/pinan/mma/dto/CastleDTO.hbm.xml"/>
                <mapping
resource="uk/co/pinan/mma/dto/OwnerMapDTO.hbm.xml"/>
                <mapping
resource="uk/co/pinan/mma/dto/PlaceNameDTO.hbm.xml"/>
                <mapping resource="uk/co/pinan/mma/dto/OwnerDTO.hbm.xml"/>
                <mapping resource="uk/co/pinan/mma/dto/HundredDTO.hbm.xml"/>
                <mapping resource="uk/co/pinan/mma/dto/PlaceDTO.hbm.xml"/>
        </session-factory>

</hibernate-configuration>
==========================
And use something like to map your files
======================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC
    "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD 3.0//EN"
    "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd">

<hibernate-mapping

    <class
        name="uk.co.pinan.mma.dto.OwnerDTO"
        table="owner_table"

        <id
            name="ownerId"
            column="owner_id"
            type="int"

            <generator class="native">
              <!--
                  To add non XDoclet generator parameters, create a file
named
                  hibernate-generator-params-OwnerDTO.xml
                  containing the additional parameters and place it in
your merge dir.
              -->
            </generator>
        </id>

        <property
            name="ownerName"
            type="text"
            update="true"
            insert="true"
            column="owner_name"
        />

        <property
            name="churchman"
            type="boolean"
            update="true"
            insert="true"
            column="churchman"
        />

        <!--
            To add non XDoclet property mappings, create a file named
                hibernate-properties-OwnerDTO.xml
            containing the additional properties and place it in your
merge dir.
        -->

    </class>

</hibernate-mapping>