[postgis-users] Units for distance function

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 01:18:36 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 07:04 +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Unfortunately since the OSGB36 datum is not defined in PROJ.4 < 4.5.0,
> the library throws an error if you attempt to use this parameter with
> older versions - so I don't really know what to do about this :(
>
> Not sure about SRID 4277 - I can't say that I've ever used it for any of
> the OS data I've come across.

Actually, thinking about this more, when 1.3.0 finally hits the streets
then users of GEOS before 2.2.0 will have to upgrade anyway, so perhaps
if we wanted to enforce a minimum version of PROJ.4, now would be the
time to do it with a new major release... Thoughts?

Kind regards,

Mark.

--
ILande - Open Source Consultancy