[postgis-users] lwpostgis.sql problem

Leonardo Mateo leonardomateo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:04:14 PDT 2007

On 6/16/07, Pedro Doria Meunier <pdoria at netmadeira.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've installed postgis-1.2.1 (and also geos and proj)
> (all three compiled from source)
>
> When addind postgis support to my db this is what happens:
> psql:/usr/share/lwpostgis.sql:43: ERROR:  could not load library
> "/usr/lib/pgsql/liblwgeom.so.1.2": libgeos_c.so.1: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> Checked geos install, geos-config --prefix --libs gives:
> /usr/local
> - -L/usr/local/lib -lgeos
>
> Shouldn't liblwgeom.so.1.2 be looking for libgeos_c.so.1 in
> /usr/local/lib  ??

I think the problem is liblwgeom,so, not geos_c,so. What is the prefix
of your postgis instalation? can you show your ./configure command of
the postgis compilation?
If you installed postgis in a non standard directory, let's say for
example /usr/local/postgis,  you should add the path
/usr/local/postgis/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and the run ldconfig as
root. Also, if this doesn't work, you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH env
variable to try to find the libs on the non standard directories.
(e.g. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/postgis/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

Hope it helps.
Cheers.
--
Leonardo Mateo.