[postgis-users] Path for proj4 NAD grids on win32

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 19 14:01:42 PDT 2007

palmerj wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’ve been trying to get PostGIS up and running on windows over the last
> day. I’ve managed to get everything up and running well except I can’t
> get the PostGIS transform function to use the proj4 grids. In the past
> on linux setups I have just copied the required NAD grids into the proj4
> share directory and everything has worked. However I can not get the
> win32 PostGIS to locate the file.
>

> I have tried placing the nad grids in the ‘share’ and ‘share/contrib’
> directories under the PostgreSQL root directory without luck. I have
> also tried setting the PROJ_LIB environment variable to a directory with
> the required grids, and that did not work either.

Jeremy,

If you set PROJ_LIB as a system environment variable, and restarted the
postmaster or whatever the postgres daemon is called on windows, I would
have expected it to work.

By default PROJ on windows is built with C:/PROJ/NAD as the directory to
search for datum shift files.  This is determined by the PROJ_LIB_DIR
set in proj/src/makefile.vc

Best regards,