[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 Wishlist

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Tue May 8 17:34:54 PDT 2007

--- Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:

> It's something we hope for funding for, but absent that will probably be
> low down the priority list, since it is a relatively rare use case.
> Adding more geodetic functions (area, buffer, distance) seems like a
> higher priority than handing the geodetic singularity points.

Heavy sigh!!

It might be rare for some, but 2 out of three datasets I use are a problem due
to this issue.

Various lists seem to have this problem pop up regularly, noteably around
Alaska & New Zealand for some reason :-)

At least PostGIS has better tools than most to work around it.

GMT seems to do it best, it may be worth looking at how they deal with this &
re-use their code/approach?

Cheers,

  Brent Wood