[postgis-users] Postgis 2.0 wishlist

Willy-Bas Loos willybas at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:21:09 PDT 2007

>This is doable now, the main problem for newbies seems to be setting
>the search_path every single time so they have access to them.
That doesn´t seem logical to me: it´s also a problem for the same newbies to
restore their PostGIS databases.

It should be a default search_path, just like pg_catalog and public.
I dont need to set the search_path to use "select int2('25'::text)" either.
Or would that conflict with PostgreSQL policies?

WBL