[postgis-users] Can ArcView view the maps stored in postGIS tables?

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 23:04:50 PST 2007

Thanks, all! :)

I guess I'm gonna' try one of the tools mentioned.

We're actually using ArcGIS 9.2 (the ArcView being
part of the package. duh.). Based on its Functionality
Matrix, it seems that ArcGIS does not support spatial
database other than its own (ArcGIS Server Services).

Even when it goes to Oracle, ArcGIS only supports
Oracle GeoRaster (raster data).

I think postGIS is the right choice then, since there
are third party connectors to enable ArcGIS to view
postGIS vector data, while I'm not sure there are such
connectors for Oracle spatial.

Thanks,
-Kresh

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with women, with marriage, with God, religions, bars, nightclubs, computer games, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.