[postgis-users] simplify creates geom collection?

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Fri Oct 5 09:35:20 PDT 2007

Design flaw?  "simplify" does not maintain geometry validity.
Self-intersections or geometry collapses can occur. The docs state this
... well, that geometries may no longer be simple anyway.

I suppose we could change this so that a geometry clean-up is performed
after the simplification ... but we would need to develop a proper
geometry "rebuilder" function first :)

Kevin Neufeld
Software Developer
Refractions Research Inc.