[postgis-users] PostgreSQL Linked Server on SQL Server 2005 64-bit

Paragon Corporation lr at paragoncorporation.com
Fri Apr 25 18:02:19 PDT 2008

Sorry for the cross-post here.  I think the issue of being able to connect
to PostgreSQL from a 64-bit Windows system and in particular 64-bit SQL
Server 2005 has come up a couple of times on both PostGIS and PostgreSQL
ODBC groups.  Jeff Crumbley kindly notified us that Microsoft released this
month a 64-bit OLEDB for ODBC driver which now makes connecting from a 64-it
SQL Server install via a Linked Server configuration possible.  We thank him
greatly for that and have our linked servers working now.

We have posted the steps we took to achieve this on an Intel 64-bit SQL
Server 2005 install.  So far seems to work well for us.  We hope this
information is valuable to others.

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/46-Setting-up-Post
greSQL-as-a-Linked-Server-in-Microsoft-SQL-Server-64-bit.html

Thanks,
Leo and Regina