[postgis-users] Representing this polygon.

Blake Crosby me at blakecrosby.com
Thu Aug 14 09:09:49 PDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> PS : The whole song-and-dance with the ST_Transform is so I can create
> a proper circular buffer using a metric distance (meters = 1609 *
> miles) around a geographic point (degrees).

Paul, yes. Thats fine, except I see you are using NAD datums/projections.

If these types of geometries were to appear all over the world (and not
just in British Columbia) what projection do you suggest I use for the
ST_Transform?

WSG84 is being used for storing the data, but like you said, to do that
math when it comes to metric distance, what projection should I use?

Blake