[postgis-users] Building SVN version of PostGIS on Mac OS X Leopard

Robert Rainthorpe rob.rainthorpe at mac.com
Thu Aug 21 02:21:03 PDT 2008

On Thursday, August 21, 2008, at 10:03AM, "Mark Cave-Ayland" <mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
>Robert Rainthorpe wrote:
>
>>> First, wait for Mark to update the SVN snapshot with some fixes for
>>> all this.
>
>OK all done.

Thanks Mark.

>BTW is there a particular reason that you are using SVN trunk? It's
>still a work in progress and is likely to change a lot over the next
>couple of months - I wouldn't recommend putting it into production use
>quite yet. Perhaps what you are looking for can be found in the 1.3
>branch at http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/branches/1.3?

Sheer recklessness!

We're starting work on a couple of projects using PostGIS and wanted to know the current bleeding-edge state of play, to give us an idea of where things were going and to prevent us reinventing wheels. We'll use the 1.3 branch for the time-being for production work, but keep an eye on the trunk.

Thanks to you and William for sorting this issue out so quickly - it gives us immense faith in the platform.

Rob.