[postgis-users] schema name for a temp table?

Burgholzer,Robert rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Tue Aug 26 10:30:15 PDT 2008

Thanks David, this is good info!

Robert W. Burgholzer

Surface Water Modeler

Office of Water Supply and Planning

rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov

804-698-4405

Open Source Modeling Tools:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/npsource/

-----Original Message-----
From: david.bitner at gmail.com [mailto:david.bitner at gmail.com] On Behalf
Of David William Bitner
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:29 PM
To: Burgholzer,Robert
Cc: PostGIS Users Discussion
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] schema name for a temp table?

Interoperability and standards.  The geometry_columns table provides
metadata that is required for standards compliance and used by many
client programs.  Internally, it does nothing.  The other thing that
AddGeometryColumn() does that is valuable is to create constraints on
the geometry column to make sure that all records are of the same
geometry type and in the same srid.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Burgholzer,Robert