[postgis-users] relationship functions not working well

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Dec 4 12:57:11 PST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Nicolas Ribot wrote:

>> Did I miss an obvious function, or is there something that will get
>> what I
>> want?  hmmm, maybe a combination (but would that slow it down a lot)?
>>

> Hi William,
>
> Did you try st_relate() the the appropriate DE-9IM matrix ?
> I can't give you the pattern that will express your need exactly as I
> read your email rapidely, but looking here may surely help:
> http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ST_Relate.html
> (also following the  intersectionPatternMatrix link)
>
> This presentation may also help:
> http://www.foss4g2007.org/presentations/view.php?abstract_id=117
>
> Nicolas

I was wondering about that function.  Unfortunately postgis 1.3
documentation doesn't have that handy link about the
intersectionPatternMatrix that's in the svn documentation.

I'll look at that, thanks.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin