[postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:58:59 PST 2008

> 1) How you use PostGIS?

Primarily as a backend for MapServer. My applications serve public,
county government data for several Northern Rockies counties.

> 2) What you find useful about it over anything else?

Obviously a spatially enabled database is handy in that spatial and
attribute data are stored, and accessed, together. Postgres/PostGIS is
cost effective for small governmental bodies. And while cost
effective, it is not lacking in features or power.

> 3) Why you think there should be any book written focused on its use and of
> course if such a thing were to exist, would you buy it?

Books are wonderful things, duh. Before Google that was all we had.
Yeah, I'll buy it.

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com