[postgis-users] Importing large feature class into PostGIS from ArcSDE

dnrg dananrg at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 04:56:15 PDT 2008

I want to import a large feature class (several dozens of gigabytes) into PostGIS from ArcSDE.

What are my options aside from exporting the feature class into reasonably sized shapefiles (whatever reasonably sized might be). If separating the feature class into many smaller shapefiles is my only option (without a significant amount of programming), is there an efficient way to do this in ArcGIS Desktop?

Thanks.

Dana