[postgis-users] How to tell if 2 geometries are spatially equal

Andy Anderson aanderson at amherst.edu
Tue Jun 3 13:08:02 PDT 2008

Ah. Not a big deal in 2 dimensions, but I have a real problem with
this in 3D! :-) But I see in OGC 99-049 where they say:

"A Polyhedral Surface is not a MultiPolygon because it violates the
rule for MultiPolygons that the boundaries of the element Polygons
intersect only at a finite number of points."

Seems like an unnecessary restriction, but I'm sure they have their
reasons for excluding this "degenerate" case.

-- Andy