[postgis-users] box2d return from function!

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Jun 27 05:07:40 PDT 2008

Dan,
Okay I'm confused.  I tried this and it worked fine in both 8.2 1.3.3
and 8.3 1.3.3

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fntestbox2d(ageom geometry)
  RETURNS box2d AS
$BODY$
DECLARE retobj box2d;
BEGIN
	retobj := ST_Extent(ageom);
	RETURN retobj;
END;$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' IMMUTABLE

What are you trying to do?  the cast from box to box2d as Mark noted is
a limitation of some sort.

Thanks,
Regina