[postgis-users] release of 1.3.3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 02:34:36 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 08:50:05 Stefan Zweig wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> i have just read, that there is a new function within the documentation
> which is called st_simplifyPreserveTopology, which will do robust
> simplification. i have just seen, that availability is planned for the
> 1.3.3 release. as i am quite keen on using is function i just wanted to
> ask, when there will be the official 1.3.3 release?
>
> i am quite hopeful that this function will solve all the "topology
> error/side location conflict" errors which occured, when running
> intersections, unions, ... on simplified data which will be a good solution
> for the problems explained by regina some days ago as well.
>
> thanks, stefan

Hi Stefan,

I think it will still be a while yet - there are a whole slew of
bugfixes/patches that need to be reviewed here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/support/wiki/index.php?IssuesPatchesPending.

I'm hoping to have some time to start looking at these over the next couple of
weeks, but if anyone else feels like reviewing patches in the meantime,
please do.

Kind regards,

Mark.

--